Managed Content Filtering
Managed Gateway Spam Eradication
Managed Gateway Anti-Virus
|Managed Content Filtering
SecureAccess Managed content filtering Security Service (MCF) Features:
SecureAccess Managed Content Filtering Service (MCF) Specifications:
- Significantly less expensive than any other commercial filter!
- We can enable the following Blacklist Categories individually or as a group: Ad Sites, Aggressive sites, Audio-video bandwidth intensive sites, Drugs sites, Gambling sites, Hacking info and tool sites, Porn and Sex sites, Proxy sites/Anonymizers that attempt to circumvent security policies, Violence sites, Software "warez" sites, Virus infected sites, Sports News sites, Webmail sites, Time wasting sites, Chat server sites, Banners, and promotion/advertisement sites
- We can also block access to a web site using Site Ratings from: RSAC, ICRA (a new version of RSAC), evaluWEB, CyberNOT, SafeSurf and Weburbia
- We can allow access (Whitelist) by the following methods: IP address list, phrase list, site/url list, or by user list and has the ability to switch off filtering for specified sites, parts of sites, and time of day. Can work in a 'Whitelist' mode where all sites except those listed are blocked
- MCF filters the actual content of pages based on multiple methods including: URL and domain filtering, content phrase filtering, PICS label filtering, MIME filtering, file extension filtering, and POST limiting. It does not purely filter based on a banned list of sites like less featured competitive filter products.
- SecureAccess MCF is designed to be completely flexible and allows you to tailor the filtering to your exact needs. It can be as draconian or as unobtrusive as you require.
- The content phrase filtering will check for pages that contain profanities and phrases often associated with pornography and other undesirable content. The POST filtering allows you to block or limit web upload.
- Can filter text and HTML pages for obscene (sexual, racial, violent, etc) content and uses an advanced phrase weighting system to reduce over or under blocking by setting a configurable threshold similar to movie ratings (e.g. PG,PG-13,R). Setting the threshold to PG will block access to any profane, violent, or sexual content.
- MCF has the ability to work in a stealth mode, thereby logging sites that would have been blocked, but not blocking them. This allows you to monitor your users without detection.
- MCF logs every failed attempt to access forbidden content pages.
- Fast Deployment due to seamless integration of the SecureAccess MCF into your existing network. No changes are required to your Client Desktop, Internet Browser Settings or installing proxy clients!
- Customer can configure: user and/or administrator notification of policy violation
- Can filter according to MIME type, file extension or according to URLs including combinations of URLs and words.
- Evasion Intelligence: MCF able to block offending sites even when users try evading the content filter by using the IP address of the site instead of the DNS name.
- Can block or limit web uploading (e.g. attachments in Hotmail).
- WebDAV support (for Outlook Express access to Hotmail).
- Supports SSL Tunneling.
Why do you need Managed Content Filtering Service from SecureAccess?
- All popular operating systems and Internet Browsers are supported. The SecureAccess MCF can be quickly and easily installed and used to protect: Workstations: DOS, Windows 95/98/Me/XP,2000/2003/NT and OS/2, Linux, Solaris Browsers: Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, etc.
SecureAccess Relationship Bonus Features:
- Employee Productivity: HR studies have shown unauthorized and unsupervised Internet surfing can waste up to 50% of your employee's time (and company money!) Your company has provided computers and Internet access as a business productivity tool not as a recreational diversion
- Corporate Liability: You are required to provide a safe working environment for your employees and can be held liable and sued if pornographic emails are delivered to a user. Other libelous activity is reduced as MCF can prevent illegal Internet activity such as employees downloading, installing and potentially redistributing illegal or unauthorized software (warez). MCF allows managers to assess every internet user's activity and investigate and
- We are certified security experts and we invest the time to keep current on the latest developments in content filtering management research. You should be focusing on your business, not on managing the deluge of spam! That's our job!
- Internet Access Policy Support: We can help you update your Internet Access Policy and security incident escalation procedures so they are designed specifically to address your business needs and legal requirements.
- Free Content Filtering Engine and software system updates for the life of the service!
- "SecureAccess Security Trends" subscription. Our e-newsletter provides your staff with concise information about current security trends, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Access to our experienced, certified Security Analysts and Engineers.
- Discounts on other security products, Internet service, training and consulting services.
- SecureAccess analysts and security engineers review and receive, on a daily basis, information from hundreds of sources to ensure we are constantly abreast of the latest security threats thereby enabling us to understand and respond to your critical security issues.